Sunday, January 29, 2012

From My Heart To Yours...

The title is corny, I know....but that's just how I roll. :P

So, I've decided to do an early Valentine's day mani because I think that v-day nails can be oh-so-adorable and hearts are appropriate all year long!
So for this mani I used a base coat of Seche Clear (my favorite base), Sally Hansen Hard As Nails "White On" (which I really need a new bottle of...it was yucky to work with cause it's so old), Pure Ice #603 Creme Siren and Seche Vite top coat. Thank goodness for Seche Vite...it made the white look presentable!

How did I do the half heart and dot design, you ask? By hand. I used a thin brush and made the outline of the heart shape and then just filled it in with the nail polish brush. The dots were made with the small side of my Orly dotting tool (I think it was $10?) from Ulta. If you don't have a dotting tool you could just use a toothpick!




Hope you enjoyed my heart manicure in time for valentine's day! Let me know if you decide to try it out or if you're doing a different design for Heart Day! ;) I would love to see pictures!

With love,
Lindsay



2 comments: